Wednesday 20 August 2014

Clean Finish | Nails





In the Summer although it's all about the brightly coloured nail polish but if I am being honest I can't be bothered to (in other words I am to lazy) So I usually stick to my natural nails but to get the best of them, but I do a bit of prep to keep them looking their best.

Cut and File

Cut you nails down to the length you want them to be. I don't like them so long that they catch or too short (they have to be just right!) Once you've got them to the length you want them too File them to the shape you want, There's so many you can choose from! There's the Almond shape, rounded off, squared and more (I think?) I go for kind of round but kind of square? 

Buff and Polish

If you want to get a natural shine you can get a nail buffer. Mines from Pandora but you can get them from anywhere. They have two sides, one for buffing which you do first and the other is for polish which gives you the natural shine that you do last. 

Moisturize

No one likes the look of dry cracked nails, so moisturize is the way to prevent it! Moisturize your cuticles and hands separately to get a better result. 

Paint 

I know I said I was too lazy to paint my nails but using a clear/ sheer pink polish can really make a difference, it makes your nails look alot cleaner and fresher. I use the OPI nail polish in 'Bubble Bath' it's a really sheer pink shade. I apply just once light coat and it really makes a difference to the look of you hands.



2 comments:

  1. some great tips! xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look GORGEOUS! I'll keep these tips in mind!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS