Tuesday 21 April 2020

A Low Waste Skincare Wishlist


I do wish that I had all the money in the world to spend on sustainable skincare, as half of the stuff I lust after does not come cheap. There are so many sustainable and plastic free alternatives for your skincare favourites that are kind on the planet. I am transitioning my current skincare and makeup items towards being plastic free. First, however, I am using up any old products that are still in my cupboard and then when they run low I shall purchase a kinder alternative. This way nothing gets wasted in the process. Some of my favourite places to shop for low waste items is Lush, with their pot return policy so nothing is thrown away and also Plastic Freedom, a plastic free online website with a great variety of everything you could possibly need without any cruelty involved.

1. Lush Enzymion Cream
Moisturisers are what tends to be the bug bare of my purse as plastic free and sustainable moisturisers don't come cheap. I have scoured the internet looking for an affordable option that also targets oily, spot prone skin. I am yet to come across an affordable one, though on my current wishlist is Lush's Enzymion, a mattifying moisturiser that doesn't skin out on hydrating your skin. the citric juices in the cream help make your skin look fresh and kill off any dead skin cells.

2. Wild Sage + Co Oil Cleanser for Oily Skin
There are so many alternatives to your average facial cleanser that can be kinder to the planet. Finding products that are targeted towards oily skin however I tend to struggle with. Currently on my Wishlist is this product that comes completely plastic free, with a pot return policy also! This natural skincare helps target acne and blackheads to help clear your skin.

3. Cupcake Face Mask
Lush always holds a place in my heart for face masks, I have used them for years. With their pot returning policy they are also kind on the environment and the company themselves stand for great ethics. On my current list is the Cupcake face mask. This used to be a favourite of mine when I was 16 and struggled more with spots. It smells delightful and absorbs excess oil from your face to give you a less oily finish.

4. Lani Tropical Night Serum
An oil isn't something I can use daily as I do have quite oily skin naturally, but when my face is lacking moisture or looking a little tired, I like to use some to liven it up. Only problem being they do not come cheap and so I am saving up to add this product to my skincare routine. Lani Tropical Night Serum restores the moisture in your skin and allows it to maintain its elasticity. Lani is an amazing company to support and are advocates for cruelty free beauty items!

6. Vegan Amazing Mineral Butter Suncream SPF 30
Finding a suncream that protects my fair complexion but that is also kind for the environment has proven harder that you may think. Most do not provide a high enough UV protection for me (a ginger who needs at least SPF 30 on holiday). That is when I found the Amazing Mineral Butter Suncream, plastic free packaging, vegan and a high enough SPF to stop my burning. A perfect product for those who want to stay protected but remain kind to the environment.

It is easier than ever to take the step towards being plastic free and reducing your overall waste. It is becoming an ever more pressing issue that people are considerate about their waste, as oceans become dumping grounds and landfill sites are bursting at the seams. Inconsiderate disposal of waste leads innocent animals lives to be cut short or hindered. There is no time better than now to reduce your waste!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS