Wednesday 6 April 2016

A Cassandra Clare Haul








This haul may seem a little bit extreme considering I have purchased nearly all of Cassandra Clare's books in the space of a week. But after hearing so many people go on abut how amazing these books are and how good a writer Cassandra Clare is I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the whole lot. If you are a lover of urban fantasy novels then you should definitely check out these books I am about to mention

The Mortal Instruments
I wasn't going to purchase all the books I one go however I was searching for them all on Amazon and found the box set for all of The Mortal Instruments and all of the Infernal Devices for just £35!  I couldn't pass up getting a total of 9 books for under £40, so I purchased them all. The Mortal Instruments is a series consisting of six books set in the Shadowhunter world.

The Infernal Devices
This book series is a prequel to The Mortal Instruments set around the Shadowhunters. It follows Tessa Gray, an orphaned teenage girl who discovers she has the power to shape shift. I have been told so many times to read these books and I cannot wait to pick them all up and start reading.

Lady Midnight
This is one of the most anticipated releases of 2016, because there is a whole lot of hype behind it. It is the first book in Cassandra's new series The Dark Artifices, part of the Shadowhunter chronicles. I managed t get my hands on this beautiful edition with blue pages and I can't get over how amazing the cover is.

Rebel of the Sands
I know I said that this was a Cassandra Clare haul but I recently purchased this book by Alwyn Hamilton. It follows Amani in the town of Dustwalk a dead-town, who wants to escape its walls to experience the life she'd heard about in campfire stories.

So yes it appears that I have quite a few books to read and I'm trying to hold off reading them until Summer so that I can blast all of the Shadowhunter Chronicles in one go. I don't know how well I will do at that but I'm going to see how long I can hold off for... Are you a fan of Cassandra Clare's work, if you are what are you favourites of hers?

5 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about the mortal instruments I have to read them I think!

    Kirsty :)
    www.kirstyralph.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought The Mortal Instrument series ages ago but I still haven't managed to read them, I liked the film purely because of Lily Collins but I know fans of the book thought the film wasn't great. I really want to buy the prequel series to, I've heard it's a lot better.

    owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinions the films are never better than the books. I have also! I'm interested to see what I think!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  3. I did the exact same thing as you! I just went out and bought all of them without knowing if I would like them - but i did! I've been doing a little review series on my blog because they are amazing!! I hope you love them! x

    Simply Lauren Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS