Saturday 15 February 2014

Skincare Routine & Tips


Hello everyone and today's post is going to be my everyday skincare routine. In the winter my skin goes from bad to worse. It breaks out a lot more frequently and I begin to get dry patches by the sides of my nose, but my t-zone stays very oily, which is no fun. I think right now I have found the right routine that has been working to improve my skin.


I firstly like I cleanse with either the Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Daily Scrub or the Simple Foaming Cleanser. Both cleansers really help to clear all the impurities and declog your pores, I tend to go for a scrub when my skin feels tight, and the foaming soap daily.

Sometimes I will follow up with a face mask, I usually do this weekly. What I have been using lately is the Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed Face Mask, which I have reviewed here. It's a really great face mask for once a week use and really deep cleans my skin and leaves it feeling fresh. I recommend using a face mask only once a week as they can tend to be drying if you over use them on your skin.


I then move onto toner, which to me is a important step which I never miss out. Toning is important as when you cleanse your face you open up your pores and unbalance the PH levels on your skin. But when you tone after it helps close your pores and re-balance the PH, meaning you are less likely to get spots. The toner I use is the Simple Soothing Toner, I take it on a cotton round and gently wipe it over my face.


Whilst that has dried, I moisturize and this is a key step in winter as your skin can get really dry and irritated. I moisturize with the Simple Light Moisturizer, which is great for all year round. I massage this into my skin and take it down onto my neck area.



I then follow up this step with a stop treatment. One I have been loving recently is the Soap and Glory's Dr Spot Treatment Gel, which I have reviewed here. I dab this on any problem area's I have and then leave it sink in. But I will also use good old natural tee tree oil, which is a great alternative spot treatment and works just as well.


Next onto the eye's. It's important to keep your under eyes hydrated as this can prevent pre-aging and dark circles. Recently I have been using the Clinique Moisture Surge Thirst Relief, I know this isn't an eye cream but I think it works great as it is super hydrating and smooth under your eyes. I pat that under my eyes using my ring finger, which is your most gentle finger, until it has sunk in.

That is all for my everyday skincare routine, I hope you enjoyed this post. This is just what I do on a daily basis, I am in no means a expert in skincare. Thank you for reading and be sure to check back for my next post.



1 comment:

  1. Hiya! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award at http://beautybyelliee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS