Sunday 2 March 2014

This Spring's Monochrome







Tunic // Topshop
Leather Jacket // Newlook (similar)
Bag // Primark
Ring // Pandora
Watch // Elsie Grace (very similar)
Shoes // Office
Necklace // Black Sheep Boutique


Hello everyone and today's post is based on a trend that has been seen all over the shops and catwalks this year:  striped monochrome. The pattern everyone seems to be going crazy for this S&S is stripes especially horizontal. Horizontal stripes make you appear slimmer and vertical make you appear taller. I can't walk into a shop and there not to be some sort of striped garment, but I'm not complaining I have recently been going crazy for it my self. The tunic I'm wearing is a straight down horizontal striped dress from Topshop, and it is a really versatile piece. To keep myself a little warmer, as here in Britain it is still like winter, I wore 80 denier tights. I have also paired the tunic with a leather jacket to add a bit of grunge to the outfit and my white high top converse to keep it under the monochrome/simplistic theme. To keep the outfit neutral toned I added my satchel I picked up from Primark, it was a bargain at just £9, I love it as it adds a vintage vibe to any outfit. I kept jewellery to a minimum however I did wear a simple silver flower ring and paired it with a dainty silver tree necklace from the lovely Black Sheep Boutique, also my gorgeous vintage voyager watch from the lovely Elsie Grace. This outfit is perfect for the transitioning weather into Spring and works well all year round and will never go out of style.

I hope you enjoyed this outfit post and I am really enjoying posting these more often. Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS