Sunday 13 April 2014

Revlon Lip Butters | Review


Left to Right: Strawberry Shortcake, Pink Truffle, Peach Parfait and Juicy Papaya


Left to right: Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, Juicy Papaya and Strawberry Shortcake

Hello everyone and I am back with another review post. Today I'm going to be reviewing the Revlon Lip Butters, these have been out a while in the UK now and they are really hyped up in the blogging and vlogging industry. 

Revlon Lip Butters retail for £7.99, which I think is a great price for a drugstore lip product. They are known for the moisturizing tint they give to your lips. Most of the shades are quite sheer, but can be built up to the desired shade you want. The four colours I own are: 'Strawberry Shortcake', a baby pink tone; 'Juicy Papaya', which is a coral shade; 'Pink Truffle', is more of a mauve pink/brown and finally 'Peach Parfait', which is a shimmery peach colour. My personal favourite out of all of these shades is 'Strawberry Shortcake', because it has the best colour pay off and I think it is one of the more wearable shades. I'm not a fan of 'Peach Parfait' as I really don't like the chunky shimmer it has, I love the colour but not the added shimmer. 'Juicy Papaya' is another favourite of mine and it's perfect for the spring and summer months. Out of all of the shades it is more sheer which I prefer as it gives a subtle coral tint to your lips. 'Pink Truffle' is the latest edition to my mini collection, It is a really pretty deep pink mauve shade. It would be perfect in the fall and winter months, and this is one of the more opaque shades. 

All the Lip Butters are super moisturizing and don't sink into the lines or cracks on your lips. They are not drying at all and they offer a sheer tint colour with a glossy finish, if your a fan of matte lips I wouldn't recommend these. I prefer wearing the Revlon Lip Butters to normal lipsticks, as they are a lot lighter on your lips for the Spring and Summer months.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know your opinions on Revlon Lip Butters and your favourite shades?



1 comment:

  1. I have Juicy Papaya and now really want Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait! I agree that these are perfect for the warmer months.

    Danielle
    Smitten with Sunday

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS