Monday 6 July 2015

5 Things | Summer Reads



Ah, the summer months are a time where I can finally spend my spare moments doing what I want and not having to worry about school work. Is it the same for you? One way I like to spend my time in the summer is reading. I have always been a keen reader and always try to read half an hour before bed, but in term time I don't have much time. I love nothing more than getting engrossed in a new book and loosing myself in a fictional sense of reality.

Harry Potter (all of them)
I could not justify doing this post and not giving a mention to Harry Potter. Harry Potter is a story I have grown up with and have watched every movie an endless amount of times. I've made it my goal this summer to read every Harry Potter book again as I have finally got my hands on all of the first edition hard covers and why don't you join me?

Black Ice - Becca Fitzpatrick
This book is more a murderous crime read, but it is definitely worth it. In essence it's filled with twist that takes the story in unexpected directions as you attempt to figure out the true ending to the story as you go along. One piece of advice, don't jump to conclusions.

Paper Town's - John Green
This book is going to be the next big summer movie. John Green always manages to beautifully carry out a complicated love affair. I have to say I had quite high hopes for this book since reading The Fault in our Stars and they were most definitely fulfilled. As you progress through the book and follow Quentin along his journey to find himself you feel your self with him on that journey and to an ending that you would not have predicted. Are you living in a paper town?

The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting - Holly Bourne
Set in a typical school scene of the blonde popular girl and the outcasts, this books takes you through a journey of what it takes for Bree to go from a social outcast to in the 'it' group. It covers everything from the 'banter' to the bitchiness of a typical high school. This book sets up the ideals of schools and really defines how status doesn't always mean happiness, it's a book I could not put down.

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
I was slightly sceptical when I picked up this book firstly mostly because of the title, it intrigued me. It was far from what I expected, it's a tender coming of age story that really reflects the true feelings you get as you treck out into the wide world of university. Whilst feeling alone Cath finds a new world to open up to through her writing but will she let anyone else in?

10 comments:

  1. love this post! And omg I did the sane thing last year with the Harry potter books! And gave up at prisoner of askaban 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read both Fangirl and Paper Towns and I loved them! I have never read a Harry Potter book but I think I'll start over the summer now.
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read Harry potter as a child or watched the films, but I strangely had all the books. So I started reading them last week, Omg- I'm obsessed! Lovely post :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what site/seller did you use to find the Harry Potter books? I have the first 3 and would love to finish the collection? Thanks! :)

    Ruth // www.itsaruththing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed in Harry Potter hardback first editions into Amazon and bought them of a range of second hand sellers!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  5. Fangirl sounds really good, sounds like a good read for holiday. Lovely post.

    Olivia - My Clueless Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Fangirl and Paper Towns, especially because the film is coming out this summer!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading too! It's one of my favourite things to do <3 I am starting to read Fangirl today and then I will read Paper Towns, really excited! :) Great blogpost.
    the-juliaa-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have recently been given a kindle and I am looking for good books to purchase and read on there! I am so tempted to read paper towns before I go and see the film because I've heard so many great things about the book! :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS