Wednesday 1 January 2014

2013 Favourites



Hello everyone, another year has pasted and its scary how quick its gone! But today I'm going to be showing you my favourites of 2013. 2013 has been the year where I discovered so many new products that I now love and have repurchased numerous times.

The first products I want to talk about are beauty products. I have discovered so many new brands and products this year, but one of my must-haves has definitely been my rocket volume express mascara. It gives your lashes a great amount of volume and also lengthens them really well and does not clump up. I also layer it up with my Benefit They're Real mascara which is another favourite. This mascara really thickens up your lashes and although the bristles are quite spiky, it's a great mascara and paired with the Rocket they go hand in hand together. For eyes I have been wearing cream eye shadows on my lids, the three I own are two of the Maybelline colour tattoos in on and on bronze and barely branded, also the smash box cream shadow in riches. All of which are highly pigmented and creamy and all glide on the lids, that give a nice base for eye shadow or to wear on its own.  The nyx jumbo eye pencils are cream shadows in a stick form, the shades I have are milk and black bean and I wear them almost everyday and they are super easy to apply. My last beauty favourite of 2013 are eos lip balms, I picked them up whilst in the States, they are really moisturizing and packaging is so cute, I have four flavours; blueberry acai, summer fruits, strawberry sorbet and mint.


Next want to share with you my fashion favourites. I love to experiment with different styles and this winter I have been loving the tartan trend, I own a red tartan scarf I picked up at Primark for £4 and I have been wearing it whenever I have the chance. My next favourite are my white converse, I've had them a few years now and still wear them non stop, they are so easy to style and go with everything. Skater skirts have been a big trend this year and I have picked up three over the year and love them all, the colours I have are black, maroon and a floral one. I also love every winter oversized jumpers and sweaters, I have way too many for my own good from numerous places, but my favourite has to be my Harvard sweater I picked up from Lily Vintage, which features in my OOTD #1 if you would like to check that out.


 Now onto the random favourites! My all time favourite book is The Fault in our Stars by John Green, it is honestly the best book I've ever read. It is such a sad yet happy book, and I know many people love it too. My final favourite is my iPhone 5, which I got for my birthday this year. I'm on it non-stop, it's an addiction! I'm always on YouTube or Instagram on it, which is kind of a problem and I guess they could be favourites too!. So that is all my favourites of 2013, 2013 was an amazing for me; I started my Instagram and blog and met some amazing people through it. I hope your 2013 was as good and wish you all to have an amazing 2014!!
 

5 comments:

  1. Literally all of your favourites are things I love, apart from the eos lip balms but only because you cant pick them up here so I wouldn't know. Great post :))

    www.daisieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up two of my eos lip balms in the uk, I got one from Selfridges and the other from the Topshop in London;)

      Delete
  2. My favourite beauty item this year is also the EOS lip balm.
    I just blogged about them - would love if you could check that blog post out. :)
    I'd love to try out the Benefit mascara this year too as I've heard some great things.
    Happy New Year and hope you have a lovely 2014!

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they? I would love to check your blog out :) The Benefit mascara is worth it, although I only got the tester size as I wanted to find out if I liked it or not before trying out the full size. Happy New Year to you too!x

      Delete
  3. Just discovered this post, loved it so much! Are you planning on doing one again this year? x

    http://littleworldofanna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS