Wednesday 15 July 2015

Upping my Photography Game



After owning my current camera for almost a year now, I decided now was the time to up my game and get a new lens that would help me improve my photography. I love landscape and cityscape photography, I especially love whipping out my camera on holiday and taking snaps. Sometimes when taking landscape photo's I want to be more zoomed out or in, but the lens that came with my canon 700d doesn't have a great zoom capability so I decided to pick up one with a bigger range. I went for the Sigma AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro Lens which has an amazing zoom capacity that can get great wide angle shots or really up close ones.
 
Compared to the kit lens the 70-300mm is quite a lot heavier and when taking photos it feels as if my camera is going to tip over! But it is worth it for the amount of zoom you get, although you don't want to use this camera when you're close up as you have to stand pretty far back from your chosen subject for it to focus. This lens comes with both manual and auto focus, like the kit lens, however it doesn't come with a stabilizer, so you will need a steady hand when taking photos or be careful in low light situations and perhaps switch lenses to get the best outcome. If you're like me and enjoy scenic photography this lens will be amazing for you as it can offer a wide angle shot or zoomed in even when you're away from the subject.
 

As you can see the Canon kit lens still gives an great pixel quality image but obviously doesn't zoom in as far, however the focus time of this lens in auto focus is almost instant.


Although both lenses are of a similar quality, as you can see the sigma lens offers a better zoom image whilst keeping with that same quality, whereas normally the higher zoomed you are on an image the more blurred the image can become. The only thing I will say is you do need to stand farther away from the subject in order to get a clear, focussed image with the sigma lens as it takes time to focus.

7 comments:

  1. I actually brought the same lens about a week ago. I haven't had much time to try it out let as I have been focusing on using my canon lens but when I get around to it I definitely will be trying it out. Its a little scary to me as its my first proper DSLR camera and lens and its so heavy. Lovely post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think buying lens' would make sure a huge difference! I'm on the look out for a good DSLR camera.

    Olivia // My Clueless Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new lens is amazing, I'll have to look into trying one out!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really loving that Stigma lens! I've just picked up the Canon 40mm and I'm loving it!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Sigma lens is fantastic! The difference is phenomenal! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know a lot about cameras and lenses but that Sigma lens is awesome!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Sigma lens makes all the difference completely, I can't believe how much of a better picture you get with that! I am yet to purchase my first blogging camera but I am really researching it and making sure I spend my money wisely to make sure I get the best camera that suits me! Which camera do you use? The canon what? I think I am swaying between a canon and Olympus! Btw great blog!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS