Sunday 28 February 2016

A Very Typical Book Haul




Over the past few weeks I have noticed myself picking up one too many books, as if I needed more. The rate at which I am purchasing books is too quick for me too read them all! So I thought it would be appropriate to do a book haul for you all.

The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
So after my speechless reaction to Wolf by Wolf and how impatient I am for the sequel to come out in October I decided to pick up more of Ryan's books to compress my impatience. From the very little this book gives away on the back, it sounds amazing. It is very much along the same lines of Wolf by Wolf, it appears to be action filled and the kind of book I will love.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Yes, I am yet to read this series and no I cannot believe it either! This is a high fantasy novel that follows an assassin in a corrupted kingdom. High fantasy, assassins, corrupted kingdoms, shall I say anymore? This book sounds page turning and I have heard so many good things about this book from so many different people.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
As the true Harry Potter fan I am, I have made it my mission to collect all of the first edition hard covers. Like the mad fan I am, I have now completed my collection with the edition of this book and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This is the first novel in the Grisha series and it is a fantasy-adventure novel. This book is based on a teenage orphan living in the Land of Ravka before her life changes after realising she has gained a power she never knew she had before in order to save her friend. This is another book I have heard a lot of people say good things about and many love this series, so I am really looking forward to reading it.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I have to say I am the most excited about this book. It sounds just the kind of book I would read and the storyline seems amazing! It's set in an ancient fantasy world where a girl is fighting to save her brother from imprisonment, and a soldier battles to free himself from a tyrannical regime. How can I pass up any book set in an ancient world with a mission behind it?

Carry On by Rainbow Rowel
The only contemporary novel in this little haul and a new addition to the very few I have in my book collection. I have previously read Fangirl and Eleanor and Park by Rowel and quite enjoyed the storylines even though I'm not the biggest contemporary reader unless it's a John Green book, so I thought I would give this one a try. It is set in a magic world mixed with monsters and a love story? What? I know, intriguing to say the least.

I hope you enjoyed this little book haul of mine and that you can share my excitement to read these books. Maybe you could get your hands on some of these books and we could read them together!

9 comments:

  1. I am really obsessed with Submarine at the moment, if you ever get the chance to read it, do so as it's absolutely amazing!

    blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Carry On!

    http://brittanyfenton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Harry Potter series! Carry On is one on my list too read aswell x

    katielou99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to pick it up and read it!

      Georgia x

      Delete
  4. Hey, I nominated you for the liebster award - check out my questions for you! Love Lou. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have all the first edition hard covers of Harry! That's a real commitment! It looks like such good condition too!

    Milligrace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great haul! I'm dying to pick up Carry On. You'll love Throne of Glass! It did take me a little bit to get into, but it's one of my favorite series : )
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I keep meaning to read Shadow and Bone and still haven't got round to it!

    Rebecca x
    http://rebeccalaura02.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS