Wednesday 2 April 2014

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub | Review






Hello everyone today's post is going to be a review as I feel like I haven't done one in ages. Today's review is going to be based around the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. You can find it at Lush and it retails for £5.50.

I believe Lush offer three flavours permanently and an extra one at Christmas time: Bubblegum, Popcorn and Mint Julips as the permanent line and Santa Kiss at Christmas. I love the concept of this product and it comes in really handy. Chapped Lips + Lipstick = lines in your lips, which is what nobody wants. Especially in the colder months with the cold breeze. But the lip scrub helps get rid of dead skin on your lips and exfoliate them to make them feel baby soft. I take a bit on my finger and then rub it onto my lips for a minute or two, and afterwards my lips are left feeling super soft, it also injects moisture to your lips without leaving a greasy residue. I always follow up with lip balm to keep them feeling soft all day long. The scrub also preps you lips perfectly for lipstick, and your lipstick then won't sink into the lines and fine cracks on your lips. I also find it helps my lipstick stay on for longer periods of time when I use the lip scrub beforehand. The plus with this product is the fact that it's edible and it takes just like bubblegum, so you can just lick it off if you wanted to!

However although the overall product is amazing I feel that it is a little pricey for what it is, it costs £5.50 and you get 25g worth of product. But in all fairness it does last a really long time, so you won't waste any. The actual product is really just flavoured sugar and although I love it it can be done yourself for a percentage of the price, I feel £5.50 is a little high for the product and something in the £2-£3 price range would be more reasonable.

Overall I really do like this product, and the result it gives for my lips. However I know that this could be copied alternatively at home for a fraction of the price and it's for this reason I am unsure whether or not I would repurchase it. Let me know your opinions on the Lush Lip Scrubs and whether you would repurchase them. Thank you for reading.



1 comment:

  1. Gator Gloss- Natural, Edible Lip Balms and Glosses that you can WEAR!
    more information then visit:www.gatorgloss.com

    Gator Gloss- Natural, Edible Lip Balms and Glosses that you can WEAR!

    more information then visit:www.gatorgloss.com

    edible lip balm


    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS