Wednesday 2 September 2015

Portugal | Travel Diaries




























 















The thing I enjoy most about travelling is the new landscapes and surroundings you witness. I love documenting those that I visit and creating photographic memories that will last forever. This summer I visited Portugal, and although I have been to the Spanish islands I have never stepped across the borders. But I was surely excitedto be visiting a new country and learning of the different cultures to our own.

We stayed in Villamoura in the Algarve of Portugal and it was a beautiful setting. Every night we went down to the marina to dine and explore. It was buzzing with night life and not to mention sea life with over 500 boats moured up along the site. Talking of dining it seems fitting to discuss another favourite part of travel of mine that is the food. I get enjoyement from trying out different traditional dishes and since we were by the sea, I tried a heck ofa lot of seafood and devoured them all. I feel it mandatory for me on when abroad to consume my body weight in Italian ice cream and Lipton iced tea and this holiday was no exception.

As for activities, we spent most of our time relaxing in the sun making the most of the warmer weather before the colder months were upon us. Even though we spent our time laying in the sun and cooling off in the pool, I of course as a fellow pale person burnt easier than I tanned (pale people problems) and gained a few hundred new freckles. On two of the days we visited the local beaches, one being in Portimao, which was a beautiful beach lined in rocks and caves. Another day we visited a park called Zoomarine which is a aquarium, come waterpark, come zoo. We watched a beautiful dolphin show as well as seeing some gorgeous tropical birds. Out of the blue we decided to visit a sand sculpture show were there were outstanding sculptures on different musical aspects including the west end and Disney.

We spent the majority of the rest of our trip exploring different locations, enjoying the food and culture. Of course I didn't want the trip to end and have to face the stress of this coming school year but it has to happen. Until the next journey.


6 comments:

  1. You got so many amazing shots! I would love to explore such a beautiful country like Portugal x




    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sand castles are something else! I'm off to Lisbon on Monday, I hope it's as glorious as this! x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sandcastles are great! I love the photos, really want to go to Portugal now!<3

    Charlotte ~ http://allthingsmakeupbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Portugal looks amazing! Your photos are so gorgeous, I looked through them about 4 times haha really felt like I was there.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Portugal looks amazing! Your photos are so gorgeous, I looked through them about 4 times haha really felt like I was there.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS