Sunday 9 February 2014

Brand Focus | Essie Nail Polish


Hello everyone and welcome to another new series on my blog, that's called brand focus. In this series I will be selecting a brand and doing an overall review on it. Today's focus is Essie nail polish's.

I have been collecting Essie for a year now and I have accumulated five of them. They are slightly more expensive than the usual drugstore nail polish, retailing for £7.99, however the formula of them is great quality and is really opaque no matter the shade, after two coats you are good to go. They are available to purchase at some Boots stores and most Superdrug's.

Shade - 'In Stitches'
Shade - 'Bikini So Teeny'
Shade - 'Mint Candy Apple'
Shade - 'After School Boy Blazer'
Shade - 'Soul Mate'

The shades I own are: 'After School Boy Blazer'; 'Mint Candy Apple'; 'In Stitches'; 'Soul Mate' and 'Bikini So Teeny'. All of these shades I love and there is a huge variety available. 'After School Boy Blazer' reminds me of licorice almost and is an almost black, blue shade. 'Mint Candy Apple' is a true pastel mint colour and is perfect for the spring time. 'In Stitches' is a more neutral toned down browny red. 'Soul Mate' is a deep red plum shade, great to wear in Autumn. Finally 'Bikini So Teeny' is a gorgeous perry-winkle blue shade, which has to be my overall favourite and my most recent purchase.

The overall finish of these nail polishes I love. Compared to my other nail polishes I own they last a lot longer and suffer less chipping. Nothing drives me madder than my nails chipping as soon as they have dried, but with Essie that doesn't really seem to happen. The only down side being that they do take alot longer to dry, which leaves you sitting around flapping your arms like crazy. The darker shades of Essie I would expect to stain my nails as they are so opaque and long lasting, however they are still easily removable and leave no stains on my nails. Although they are slightly on the pricier side of a drugstore nail polish I highly recommend you check Essie out. I will definitely be picking up more and more shades from them. 

Thankyou for reading. Have you tried out Essie yet? If you have leave a comment telling me your favourite shade.


3 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award – check out my post for your questions!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!


    Lovely blog
    With Love,
    http://curlyscribbles.blogspot.in/


    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Essie polishes! So tempted to get mint candy apple and in stitches. I got given soul mate the other day for my birthday so I'm yet to use that - how is it?! xxx

    Darby - www.darbx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS