Wednesday 12 February 2014

Review | Mac Eyeshadows


Hello everyone and today's post is going to be focused on Mac eyeshadows, which are my kind of my idea on a luxury item, but they might not be to others. Are they worth the hype? Whilst in America I took advantage of the exchange rate and picked up two of them for the equivalent of £9.50 in the UK. I picked up the shades 'All That Glitters' and 'Sable'. In the UK these retail for £12.50 for a single pot eyeshadow, and £10 for a refill pan
.
Left - 'All That Glitters', Right - 'Sable'



Left - 'Sable', Right - 'All That Glitters'


Both of the colours I picked up work really well together. I usually dust 'All That Glitters' over the lid and then apply 'Sable' into the crease of my eye, this gives a subtle neutral smokey effect. I find the eyeshadows themselves to be amazing quality, they aren't chalky but have a smooth application to the lid. They have no fall out, and the pigmentation of these eyeshadows are seriously opaque and paired with a base really stand out of the eye. Mac eyeshadows are known for how well they blend together and on their own, and these shades are no exception. They do not crease on my eyelids and considering I have quite oily eyelids (which may sound odd, but true!) I would have expected them to crease, as I have trouble finding eyeshadows that don't crease and are long lasting. However Mac eyeshadows really stay put.

'All That Glitters' is a cult Mac eyeshadow favourite and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to invest in one, to pick up this shade as it goes with any eye look. It is a veluxe pearl finish, and a golden champagne shade with a slight shimmer but nothing to glittery. I use this as a base for nearly all my eye looks and love the way it looks on the lid.

'Sable' is more of an overlooked Mac eyeshadow shade, and is very similar to 'Woodwinked'. It is a frost finish and is a neutral medium brown with a slight copper tint to it. Compared to 'All That Glitters' it doesn't have as much shimmer, but there is still a slight sheen to it. I personally prefer to wear this in the crease of my eye over the lid as I prefer the way it looks.

Overall I would definitely buy more of the Mac eyeshadows in the near future and I think they are worth the price for the quality they are, They are a great starting point for someone beginning with makeup because of the shade range they offer, and the amount of neutral shades they offer too.



1 comment:

  1. Sable is one of my all time favourite MAC eyeshadows, I'm so glad I came across a post on it as nobody seems to really talk about it! It's so pretty worn just by itself, or with something like Naked Lunch all over the lid and Sable in the crease.. I bought All That Glitters for my sister for Christmas and she loves it! I really want to add it to my collection :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete

ALL CONTENT AND IMAGES © GEORGIA LOUISE 2014 UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED | TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS